The term “baby shower” refers to friends and family “showering” soon-to-be parents with love, support, and often gifts to assist the honoree(s) in adjusting to life with an infant (even if it’s not their first baby).
So there are typically gifts involved, and there’s a lot to think about as both hosts and invited individuals.
Gift cards are an excellent choice for baby showers. Many expecting parents will also prefer to choose what their baby needs.
Gift cards may be purchased at a variety of physical and online retailers around the United States.
There are also online stores from Target or Walmart where they can choose from.
A gift card may seem to be a tacky present, but it is a non-traditional gift and could be the ultimate pick for the party. We’re sure you have questions..
So, we’ve done our research for you and gathered together some tips and baby shower etiquette for giving a gift card during a baby shower!
What Is an Appropriate Gift Card Amount for A Baby Shower?
When looking for baby shower gifts, stick to a budget you’re happy with and can afford.
Here are some commonly accepted gift amounts to remember when shopping for the incoming new baby.
Since your connection with the receiver significantly impacts the gift budget limit, we’ve narrowed it down for you.
1. $20-$25 for a coworker or a distant friend
Please don’t feel bad to spend less than $25 on a gift for a colleague you barely know or a college roommate you haven’t seen since her wedding.
Keep in mind that a price range of $20 to $25 is a good starting point, and even $15 is appropriate in this case.
2. $30-$50 for a close friend or relative
The majority of baby showers you’ll attend will most likely be for friends and relatives.
A budget of $30 to $50 is usually thought appropriate to spend.
3. $60-$100 for the closest friends or close relatives
When it comes to someone you’ve known in your lifetime (or it feels like it), purchasing in the $60 to $100 range allows you to choose something unique.
A close relationship requires extra thought and effort into a baby shower gift to surprise them with a gift that expresses support and love as they start on the exciting adventure of parenting.
4. Group presents
Big-ticket goods like strollers and car seats may be pricey for a new parent. So collecting money with friends and family is a great way to present more expensive but necessary items.
If you’re reluctant to pay more than your fair share, have everyone share what they can and buy a gift card to a store that sells the item.
Everyone involved should sign the card so the families know whom to thank.
Why Baby Gift Cards Are a Reasonable Alternative to Gifts or Monetary Gift
Gift cards allow you to give a gift to someone when you aren’t sure what to offer and are indeed a good substitute to receive cash.
You can use gift cards to control you from overspending, and they can be convenient, efficient, and practical to use.
Giving a baby gift card shower allows you to deliver a meaningful and pleasant surprise even if you are short on time (and have bad taste in gifts!), yet want to get the most out of your gift choice.
When is a Gift Card Appropriate to Give For a Baby Shower?
Although there are many excellent baby gift ideas available, it makes no sense to buy anything useless or start showing up with a gift that some guests have also chosen to bring.
Furthermore, some families are complicated to shop for!
While visitors may give cash gifts without violating shower etiquette rules, mom-to-be and shower hosts shouldn’t really request cash (unless VERY tactfully and politely) or expect money from invited guests.
Many parents may wish to get money to use toward larger purchases, such as strollers and car seats.
However, neither the expecting moms nor the shower host should ask.
A baby registry might be an appropriate alternative and ensures people don’t buy the same gifts.
Gift Cards can also be an appropriate and more thoughtful alternative to let the parents have their pick for the specific baby store for gifts they want for their baby.
For the mom-to-be, new baby parents or whoever is hosting the party; any requests (even requesting gift cards!) should be politely and tactfully added to the baby shower invitation.
What Are the Best Gift Cards For a Baby Shower?
Here are the best baby shower gift cards for a baby shower or celebrating the arrival of a new child.
These choices should smile on the faces of just about any new or soon mom or dad to be.
- Buy Buy Baby Gift Cards
- Amazon Gift Cards
- Target Gift Cards
- Baby Gap or Old Navy Gift Cards
- Chipotle Gift Cards
- Happy Dining Gift Card or Happy Eats Gift Card
- Subway Gift Card
- Spafinder.com Gift Card
- Build a Bear Workshop Gift Card
- Spotify, Netflix, or Hulu Gift Card
- Custom Visa Gift Card or Mastercard Gift Card
But the best baby shower gift cards are still entirely dependent on where the parents-to-be enjoy shopping or what gifts they want i.e. baby clothes.
There will be something for every family in almost all options on this list.
Why Baby Gift Cards are a Reasonable Alternative?
Gift Cards may have the impression of being thoughtless and apathetic, but there are reasons why baby gift cards can be great when having a baby shower.
Here is a list of why it is otherwise, thoughtful;
- You may not know the family well and cannot think of a suitable baby gift for them.With a gift voucher, the young parents can choose what they need most when the baby arrives.
- This could be one of those families with ‘everything,’ and you’re at a loss for what else to get them.
- Whether this is the family’s third, fourth, fifth, or even millionth child, they will almost certainly have all the necessary equipment.Instead of yet another bib or mattress, consider giving them a gift card and giving them a choice of what they want – even if it’s “just diapers.”This is also true if you need to shop for twins or triplets.
- The new parents may require a more expensive purchase for the baby.Instead of receiving numerous small presents, they can use a few gift cards to purchase this more expensive baby item(s).
- The new parents can choose whatever they want to have for the baby and when they want to get it.And the ‘when’ can be months or even years later because most gift cards never expire!
- The invitation may expressly state that baby shower vouchers or diapers are pleasant.
- It’s difficult to buy clothes for a baby if you don’t know what gender they are.
Nevertheless, once the baby is born, the parents would be able to choose between a girly pink and a boyish blue outfit (or whichever color they desire!) to pay with a gift card.
Baby Shower Gift Card Ideas
There are countless great ideas for adorable and practical baby shower gifts, such as the smallest pearl baby anklets, rain boots, onesies, teethers, baby hats, blankets, children’s books, toys, etc.
It’s simple to find something which will make both you and the expectant mom say “aw,” but being able to fill out the accompanying card can be a little more complicated.
When writing sweet and meaningful messages, we all get pretty tongue-tied.
But don’t be concerned! You don’t have to use baby talk.
You can use the letters below to express your joy and best wishes to a new family at their baby shower.
- “Your days will be filled with endless firsts that will be more precious than pearls. Treasure her while she’s little. She will grow very quickly.”
- “Tiny toes, itty bitty nose, twinkly eyes, and sleepy smiles… She’s coming so soon! I know you can’t wait to snuggle her. You will be the very best mama to your precious little pearl.”
- “I know this is such a big change in your life. Don’t worry, and I’m always here for you. Well, maybe not for the diaper part. But I’ll be here for the snuggling part!”
- “I am so excited to celebrate with you! I can’t wait to snuggle your little sweet pea & spoil her rotten. You are going to be the best mommy ever. But I will be the very best auntie!”
- “Congratulations! 1st time, Mother and Father!”
- “You are doing great! Keep on being a good example and love one another.”
- “Persevere more! You can do it! For your babies and their diapers.”
- “Congratulations on your new bundle of joy!”
- “Wishing you and your little miracle tons of love and happiness.”
- “Congratulations on starting on this new journey!” It’s going to be a fantastic one.”
- “May your journey be blessed with love, joy, and adventure.”
- “Welcome to the world, sweetheart! You’re already adored.”
- “May your life as a parent be full of blessings and happiness.”
- “Congratulations on the birth of your first child!”
Gift Cards are undoubtedly a great gift and provide freedom to the parents to choose what exactly they would need for their baby.
It may look tacky, but sometimes, we tend to give gifts that seem useless and don’t suit the baby, so it is easier and more efficient to provide gift cards.
Of course, there will be a budget that we will have to stick to, and you can depend on your gift depending on whose baby shower you are going to attend.
Various messages can be chosen to sincerely and thoughtfully congratulate young parents on a much more significant leap in their life.
We hope we’ve helped you in selecting the best baby shower gift cards for the baby shower you’ll be attending.
Most importantly enjoy your baby shower games and time with the parents to be at their party!